Saturday, May 23, 2015

A Conan Doyle-Harry Houdini love match.

A while back when I wrote about the new Conan Doyle/Houdini supernatural investigation drama that Fox network had ordered up, the thought of the inevitable Doyle/Houdini slash fiction that would follow came quickly to mind. Well, the world spins awfully fast these days . . . so fast that apparently, even as that thought crossed my mind, a couple of improv actors were already spinning up such a scene.

I was catching up on some podcasts today when I got to  "The Ugly Couch Show Couchcast." a.k.a. "Geek Shock" episode #280, "R2-D2stein." And what to my wondering ears did appear but Paul Mattingly as Harry Houdini going to town on Conan Doyle in a manly fashion.

It starts at the 28 minute 50 second mark, if you're so inclined as to listen to it (or are the ultimate Doyle completist). Totally NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or playing while any proper society ladies are present that you don't want to go, "Oh, my word!"

But it made me laugh out loud, and if the sound of Conan Doyle spinning in his grave from everything else going on these days hasn't bothered you, you might get a laugh out of it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment